CIPC is committed to lifting up the voices of immigrant communities in the news. Our communications team works to provide reporters with critical information and compelling stories that highlight the importance of inclusive policies.
For media inquiries, please contact Communications Manager Jon Rodney or Communications Associate Carolina Gamero.
CIPC IN THE NEWS
- Associated Press: "California weighs undocumented immigrant license requirements" by Amy Taxin. January 31, 2014.
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: Coverage of reactions to State of the Union address. January 28, 2014.
- KPBS (San Diego): California Immigrant Advocates See Health Care, Professional Licenses As Next Battle by Jill Replogle. January 13, 2014.
- Los Angeles Times: "Legislator to push healthcare for those in the country illegally" by Patrick McGreevy and Melanie Mason. January 10, 2014.
- Orange County Register: "State senator wants health care for all immigrants" by Roxana Kopetman. January 10, 2014.
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: "Las buenas y malas noticias de presupuesto"[The good and bad of the budget]. January 10, 2014.
- La Opinión: "Proponen $64.7 millones para trámites de licencias para indocumentados en CA"by Araceli Martínez. January 9, 2014. Also featured on Univision.com.
- KQED/The California Report: "New Laws Bolster Protections for Undocumented Immigrants" by Scott Detrow. January 6, 2014.
- Bay City News wire service: "Immigrant rights advocates celebrate new law limiting deportations" by Dan McMenamin. January 1, 2014. Featured by SF Appeal, Marinscope.org, and others.
- La Opinión: "Entra en vigor la ley TRUST" [TRUST Act goes into effect] by Araceli Martinez. January 1, 2014.
- KPFA Radio/Pacifica Evening News: "Immigrant rights laws to take effect New Years Day by Christopher Martinez. January 1, 2014.
- Univision.com: "Entró en vigor el acta de confianza en California" [TRUST Act has gone into effect in California] by Jorge Cancino. January 1, 2014.
- TRUST Act implementation coverage also included KCBS Radio, Univisión 14, and more.
- New York Times: "Veto Halts Bill for Jury Duty by Noncitizens in California" by Jennifer Medina. October 7, 2013.
- UT San Diego: "Gov Vetoes Bill OK'ing Noncitizen Jurors" by Michael Gardner. October 7, 2013.
- San Francisco Chronicle: "Jerry Brown Says Noncitizens Can't Serve On Juries" by Joe Garofoli. October 7, 2013.
- Los Angeles Times: "Signing Trust Act Is Another Illegal[sic]-ImmigratIion Milestone For Brown" by Patrick McGreevey. October 5, 2013. (Also posted in the Washington Post).
- Associated Press: "Brown Signs Law Limiting Detention of Immigrants" ["California Limita Detencion de Inmigrantes"]. October 5, 2013. (Also posted in the San Jose Mercury News, KTVU.com, MyDesert.com, UniRadioInforma.com, etc).
- La Opinión: "Governor of California Signs the TRUST Act Into Law" ["Gobernador de California Hace Ley Acta de Confianza"] by Araceli Martinez Ortega. October 5, 2013.
- KDTV Univision 14 (San Francisco) segment: "What is the TRUST Act?" ["Que es el Acta de la Confianza?"]. October 7, 2013.
- KABC 7 (Los Angeles): "Gov. Brown Signs 9 immigration-related Bills" by Carlos Granda. October 7, 2013.
- Huffington Post, Voces: "California Limits Undocumented Deportations" [California Limita Deportacion De Indocumentados] By Jorge Luis Macias. October 5, 2013.
- Huffington Post (Los Angeles): "California's Historic Immigrant Rights Victories Gain Momentum" By Reshma Shamasunder. October 9, 2013.
- Mom's Rising: "Signing of TRUST Act Makes 2013 'Year of the Immigrant' in CA" By Reshma Shamasunder. October 6, 2013.
- Kaiser Health News: "Language, Knowledge Are Barriers For Immigrants Seeking Insurance in California" By Anna Gorman. October 1, 2013. (Also posted by the Washington Post)
August and September 2013
- National Univisión: "Gran contribución de inmigrantes a Medicare" [Immigrants' great contribution to Medicare.] May 30, 2013.
- Mom's Rising: "The best way to celebrate API Heritage Month: Fighting for our families." Blog by Reshma Shamasunder. May 29, 2013.
- Los Angeles Times: "Hundreds of immigrants rally in Sacramento for more rights" by Patrick McGreevey. May 20, 2013. (Also posted by Fox San Diego.)
- National Telemundo: "Conmemoran el día del inmigrante" [Immigrant Day commemorated]. May 20, 2013.
- KABC 7 (Los Angeles): "Immigrants gather for rally in Sacramento." May 20, 2013.
- Sacramento Bee: "AM Alert - Immigrant Day Rally Comes to Sacramento." May 20, 2013. (Also posted by Fresno Bee.)
- Press-Enterprise: "Immigrant Rights: Rally, legislator visits in Sacramento" by David Olson. May 20, 2013.
- Fontana Herald: "New study provides information about undocumented residents" by Alejandro Cano. May 21, 2013.
- OC Weekly: "California Assembly passes immigrant-friendly TRUST Act" by Gabriel San Román. May 17, 2013.
- KDTV Univisión 14: "El futuro de E-Verify bajo el nuevo plan de reforma migratoria." [The future of E-Verify under the new immigration reform plan.] May 15, 2013.
- Santa Cruz Sentinal: "With Governor's budget, MediCruz fate unknown" by Jason Hoppin. May 14, 2013.
- Huffington Post: "What Immigrant Moms Want for Mother's Day" by Reshma Shamasunder. May 10, 2013.
- La Jornada. (Mexico City): "Latinos temen ser deportados si denuncian delitos a la policía en EU" [Latinos fear deportation if they report crimes to the police in US] by Notimex. May 7, 2013.
- KDTV Univisión 14: "Junta de supervisors exige ¡Alto a las deportaciones!" [Board of supervisors demands, Stop deportations!] April 23, 2013.
- La Opinión: "Reforma Migratoria enfrenta sus retos más difíciles" [Immigration Reform faces its most difficult challenges.] by Araceli Martinez. April 18, 2013.
- KDTV Univisión 14 (SF): "¿Cuánto puede demorar la propuesta de la reforma en aprobarse?" April 17, 2013.
- San Jose Mercury News: "Senate immigration bill draws praise, concern in Bay Area" by Matt O'Brien. April 16, 2013.
- KPCC Southern California Public Radio: "'For us, this is huge': The view from California on immigration reform" by Leslie Berestein-Rojas. April 16, 2013
- Capitol Weekly: "U.S. should follow California's lead on immigration" - Op-Ed by Ira S. Hirschfield, Robert K. Ross, and Timothy Silard. April 15, 2013.
- San Jose Mercury News: "Laurene Powell Jobs gives first interview since death of Steve Jobs" by Dan Nakaso. April 12, 2013.
- NBC Bay Area: "National Day of Actions Sparks Vigils, Marches, Rallies" by Sasha Lekach. April 10, 2013.
- San Francisco Examiner: "Immigration reform supporters rally on market street." April 10, 2013.
- NBC Latino: "Trust Act approved by California Assembly Committee" by Sandra Lilley. April 9, 2013.
- SF Bay Guardian: "TRUST Act clears committee as immigration reform heats up nationally" by Rebecca Bowe. April 9, 2013.
- Fresno Bee: "Obamacare to bypass undocumented immigrants" by Barbara Anderson. March 31, 2013.
- La Opinión: "Agenda legislativa" column by Araceli Martinez. March 30, 2013.
- The Hill: "Immigration Reform: The View from California" - Op-ed by Marielena Hincapié and Reshma Shamasunder. March 28, 2013.
- Inter Press Service: "U.S. Fourth Graders Fight to Bring Home Deported Classmate" by Judith Scherr. March 28, 2013
- KUVS Univisión 19 (Sacramento): "Mayoría de Californianos ya apoya el plan de reforma migratoria" [Majority of Californians now supports immigration reform plan]. March 25 2013.
- KDTV Univisión 14 (SF): "Esperan el plan de reforma el próximo mes" [Immigration plan expected next month]. March 25, 2013.
- New America Media: "In Immigration Debate, Calif. Has Most to Win -- or Lose" - Commentary by Reshma Shamasunder - March 23, 2013
- National Univisión: "Ladridos de sus perros llevan a madre indocumentada al borde de la deportación" [Dogs' barks take undocumented mother to the brink of deportation] - March 21, 2013
- La Opinión: "Manifestación perruna contra deportaciones en CA" [Doggie demonstration against deportations] by Araceli Martinez - March 21, 2013
- La Opinión, cover story: "Deportaciones en California son cada vez más seguidas" by Araceli Martínez - March 12, 2013
- Sacramento Bee: "AM Alert - California lawmakers look at immigrant labor abuses" - March 6, 2013.
News clips from 2012 and 2011 are available here.