CIPC is committed to lifting up the voices of immigrant communities in the news. Our communications team works to provide reporters with critical information and compelling stories that highlight the importance of inclusive policies.
For media inquiries, please contact Communications Manager Jon Rodney or Communications Associate Carolina Gamero.
SELECT PRESS RELEASES & STATEMENTS
CIPC IN THE NEWS
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: Reaction to President Obama's announcement. June 30, 2014.
- Bay City News: "Hearing garners feedback on immigrants’ drivers licenses" by Dennis Culver. June 26, 2014.
- Sacramento News & Review: "Sacramento sheriff violates TRUST Act, illegally detains and nearly deports Rosemont resident" by Nick Miller. June 26, 2014.
- KABC 7, Los Angeles: "Flight transfer of immigrant kids from Texas to California canceled" by Marc Cota-Robles. June 23, 2014.
- Asian Week: "Spotlight on API Boys and Young Men at Legislative Hearing."June 20, 2014
- KPCC, Los Angeles: "Driver's licenses too costly for immigrants under proposed regs, advocates say" by Josie Huang. June 19, 2014.
- Los Angeles Times: "Optimistic on economy, California lawmakers OK $156.4-billion budget" by Chris Megerian and Melanie Mason. June 15, 2014.
- New America Media: "DACA Students' Right to Medi-Cal Routinely Rejected" by Viji Sundaram. June 16, 2014.
- OC Register: "Will federal driver's license rules complicate travel for Californians?" by Roxana Kopetman. June 14, 2014.
- KABC 7, Los Angeles, minute 1:30 of this clip re Eric Cantor's loss, immigration, and executive action. June 10, 2014.
- OC Register: "Immigrant-rights groups debate reform vs. deportation relief" by Roxana Kopetman. June 1, 2014
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: "Revisión de deportaciones, suspendida." [Deportation review suspended.] May 28, 2014.
- KPCC, Los Angeles: "On 'immigrant day' in Sacramento, activists campaign for state legislation" by Leslie Berestein-Rojas. May 19, 2014.
- KUVS Univisión 19, Sacramento. ¿Qué pidieron los inmigrantes en su día? [What did immigrants ask for on their day?] May 19, 2014
- UT San Diego: "Atkins backs immigrants" by Michael Gardner, May 19, 2014.
- New America Media: "California's 'Health for All' Bill Moves Forward" by Viji Sundaram.
- KDTV Univision 14, San Francisco: "Buscan cobertura de salud asequible para todos". April 28, 2014. (Extended version featured by other outlets, eg Univisión Austin, Tx)
- KSTS Telemundo 48, San Francisco: "Ex inspector de dpto. de seguridad nacional en problemas" [EX DHS Inspector in trouble]. April 24, 2014
- KPBS, San Diego: "Campaign Seeks Health Coverage For Undocumented Californians" by Jill Replogle. April 24, 2014. (TV piece at minute 4:14 here)
- Zócalo Public Square: "Many immigrants have good health coverage for the first time, but let’s talk about the uninsured" by Reshma Shamasunder. April 14, 2014.
- Radio Bilingüe: "El Acta de la Confianza bajó casi a la mitad las deportaciones en California" [TRUST Act reduced deportations in California almost by half] by Manuel Ocaño. April 8, 2014
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: "El impacto del Acta de la Confianza" [The Impact of the TRUST Act] April 7, 2014.
Feb. - March 2014
- Associated Press: "California weighs undocumented immigrant license requirements" by Amy Taxin. January 31, 2014.
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: Coverage of reactions to State of the Union address. January 28, 2014.
- KPBS (San Diego): California Immigrant Advocates See Health Care, Professional Licenses As Next Battle by Jill Replogle. January 13, 2014.
- Los Angeles Times: "Legislator to push healthcare for those in the country illegally" by Patrick McGreevy and Melanie Mason. January 10, 2014.
- Orange County Register: "State senator wants health care for all immigrants" by Roxana Kopetman. January 10, 2014.
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: "Las buenas y malas noticias de presupuesto"[The good and bad of the budget]. January 10, 2014.
- La Opinión: "Proponen $64.7 millones para trámites de licencias para indocumentados en CA"by Araceli Martínez. January 9, 2014. Also featured on Univision.com.
- KQED/The California Report: "New Laws Bolster Protections for Undocumented Immigrants" by Scott Detrow. January 6, 2014.
- Bay City News wire service: "Immigrant rights advocates celebrate new law limiting deportations" by Dan McMenamin. January 1, 2014. Featured by SF Appeal, Marinscope.org, and others.
- La Opinión: "Entra en vigor la ley TRUST" [TRUST Act goes into effect] by Araceli Martinez. January 1, 2014.
- KPFA Radio/Pacifica Evening News: "Immigrant rights laws to take effect New Years Day by Christopher Martinez. January 1, 2014.
- Univision.com: "Entró en vigor el acta de confianza en California" [TRUST Act has gone into effect in California] by Jorge Cancino. January 1, 2014.
- TRUST Act implementation coverage also included KCBS Radio, Univisión 14, and more.
- New York Times: "Veto Halts Bill for Jury Duty by Noncitizens in California" by Jennifer Medina. October 7, 2013.
- UT San Diego: "Gov Vetoes Bill OK'ing Noncitizen Jurors" by Michael Gardner. October 7, 2013.
- San Francisco Chronicle: "Jerry Brown Says Noncitizens Can't Serve On Juries" by Joe Garofoli. October 7, 2013.
- Los Angeles Times: "Signing Trust Act Is Another Illegal[sic]-ImmigratIion Milestone For Brown" by Patrick McGreevey. October 5, 2013. (Also posted in the Washington Post).
- Associated Press: "Brown Signs Law Limiting Detention of Immigrants" ["California Limita Detencion de Inmigrantes"]. October 5, 2013. (Also posted in the San Jose Mercury News, KTVU.com, MyDesert.com, UniRadioInforma.com, etc).
- La Opinión: "Governor of California Signs the TRUST Act Into Law" ["Gobernador de California Hace Ley Acta de Confianza"] by Araceli Martinez Ortega. October 5, 2013.
- KDTV Univision 14 (San Francisco) segment: "What is the TRUST Act?" ["Que es el Acta de la Confianza?"]. October 7, 2013.
- KABC 7 (Los Angeles): "Gov. Brown Signs 9 immigration-related Bills" by Carlos Granda. October 7, 2013.
- Huffington Post, Voces: "California Limits Undocumented Deportations" [California Limita Deportacion De Indocumentados] By Jorge Luis Macias. October 5, 2013.
- Huffington Post (Los Angeles): "California's Historic Immigrant Rights Victories Gain Momentum" By Reshma Shamasunder. October 9, 2013.
- Mom's Rising: "Signing of TRUST Act Makes 2013 'Year of the Immigrant' in CA" By Reshma Shamasunder. October 6, 2013.
- Kaiser Health News: "Language, Knowledge Are Barriers For Immigrants Seeking Insurance in California" By Anna Gorman. October 1, 2013. (Also posted by the Washington Post)
Previous news clips are available here.