LEGISLATIVE VISITS AND TRAININGS
On Immigrant Day, hundreds of immigrant community members and advocates raise a collective voice at the steps of the Capitol and the halls of the state legislature. To help Immigrant Day participants best prepare for their legislative visits, CIPC will coordinate with point persons from each participating organization to finalize the list of visit facilitators and assignments. Assignments will be based only on the registrant's constituency.
Facilitators for visits are responsible for:
- Prep Facilitation: Will prepare participants to meet in front of the legislative office 10-15 minutes prior to the visit; Coordinate who will speak on what issue and in what order.
- Lead Legislative Visit: Help direct/keep the visits focused if the conversation starts to veer. Assign or play timekeeper as many visits are likely to have multiple participants.
- Report Back Forms: Complete a Report Back form (part of Visit packet provided by CIPC).
Immigrant Day 2018 Policy Platform
(Click Here for PDF)
This year’s Immigrant Day platform strengthens opportunities and honors our values of compassion and inclusion through the following priority bills:
- SB 974 (Lara) & AB 2965 (Arambula) - Health4All Adults – These bills recognize that no one should suffer or die from a treatable condition, no matter where they were born. They would remove an unjust barrier to healthcare for undocumented Californians.
- AB 2184 (Chiu) – The Immigrant Business Inclusion Act - The bill strengthens economic opportunity, expanding access to local business licenses to all Californians, including people who do not have a SSN.
- AB 2066 (Stone/ Reyes) - Strengthening California Earned Income Tax Credit - This proposal advances economic justice. It will remove exclusions to the California Earned Income Tax Credit for non-citizen workers who file taxes with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Training - Oakland
April 25th, 9:30 AM - 2PM
Legislative advocacy training will be offered to review the Immigrant Day policy platform, discuss key talking points, and more. If you have already registered for Immigrant Day, you will receive an email with further details on upcoming Immigrant Day Training opportunities.
Training - Webinars
(ENGLISH): Tuesday, May 8th | 6-7 pm
Join us for a webinar on this year's Immigrant Day 2018 Policy Platform! You will hear key information on each bill, policy analysis, and learn how support Immigrant Day advocacy!
(SPANISH): Miércoles, 9 de mayo | 6-7 pm
Si desea repasar materiales de abogacia y aprender infomacion clave de las propuestas que forman la plataforma del Día del Inmigrante, le invitamos a participar en nuestro seminario via web!
** Note: Webinars are for advocates, community members and supporters only. If you are a member of the media and have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. **